11/09/2004

Emergence of the photon

I would like to do two things before we formally start:
1: I'd like to welcome... myself to the community of anonymous blabbering persons of the Internet (ABPI)
2: I'd like to welcome y'all to the insights of... myself

Now that's over. I'm going to ICPC ACM at Manila and my brain is about to explode... literally... my hair's on fire. That would be impossible though, I'm bald.

Programming is a very enlightening experience. Myriad thoughts run though your mind while debugging. How does a duck know, what direction south is? I'm in my Crash Test Dummies era lately. Digging around in my PC brings out new/old files that seem interesting now after fermentation.

Anyway, at our practices, the deafening silence brings out facets of human frailty and well, primitive personal politics. People say the weirdest things when stuck in immense silence. Sometimes, what they say or murmur in our case is involuntary and interesting.

Normally, I'm not concerned about the issues of others, especially when transmitted in whisper mode. But hey, I've got ears, why not use them? Eavesdropping can be a form of intrusive and generally covert way of entertainment for me, if not for the backfires.

I'm the type of guy that has conflicting consciences. Never contented to agree with one side of an issue, I argue with myself a lot. Mind you, not the conventional way of self arguing, but a physical, verbal and loud form of arguing. Seeing a contradictory version of my friends affects me deeply. It gives me diarrhea, emotional diarrhea. The type of irregular virtual bowel movement that feels like the morning after a marathon drinking contest. Hell.

Great, I'm rambling... that's what you get when you don't get enough sleep. For now, I dream of an Alienware mobile laptop... I've been doing most of my work on a 10 year old PC. Actually, I don't know how old it is... When did they make a 233 MHz PC?

I'll cut this right now. I've just suffered a major self-realization about self-revelation...

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance