11/16/2004

Below Par

I'm a hard-to-please consumer. Underwear must fit snugly, but not too tight as to restrict the next generation. Canned foods must taste like canned food, but not like tin cans, or solder. Further more, broadband connections must be as fast as competitors in the same building.

This, is one of my recent pet peeves. I go to an internet shop, and it is closed. I can handle that. So I go to another internet shop... and the connection there is horrible! My old dial-up service suddenly felt like a F1 sports car.

False advertising is very common in my part of town. Merely saying you've got 512Kbps ADSL doesn't really perk-up my download sense. Really, if you got 512 running on a lousy network and 233Mhz PC makes it not worthwhile. Oh, and my favorite, clean public bathrooms with logs floating in the urinal.

That's a sight I've seen many a time, believe me that isn't a pretty sight. And the thing is I saw it happen... in transit... if you will.

Actually, my favorite advertisment is the Magic-burger. The display is tantalizing, with full thick patty and all imaginable legal things to put on said burger... Here's the catch. you only get half of everything. They pushed the whole filling toward the case to make it look thicker, so the other half is ketchup and bun.

I've got to hand it to them, it was a magic burger...


0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance