11/18/2004

It be not right!

If I ever get a chance, I'd break-away from common ideals starting from cliches...

I've had it about up to here (here being the upper knot of my forehead) with people mangling a language that is basically unmangable. I've heard "heller" too many times now, that I fear the Filipino's ace of speaking fluent English is fast becoming a myth.

Actually, I've been hearing that shouted in my ear while in a jitney. My normal range of frequencies just dropped a couple of Hz due to the ringing in my ears. Are public access TV stations trying to make a version of "Where's the beef?" here? C'mon! We've all outlived a lot of their feeble efforts of putting a new slang word in the dictionary. To prove a piont, their catchphrases ever survive the prerequisite one-year lifespan to make it into a dictionary....

Where was I... Mass media in my beloved country is slowly degrading the intellect of my people. I say set my people free! Stop showing semi-naked people in noontime TV!

(tough words from a guy who watches fully naked women in cable TV)

Put those airbags away, there are children watching! God, I wish Sesame Street was back...

2 Prayers and Chants:

Blogger GENIUS IS JUST ANOTHER MOUSE! chants...

Hello Ray. Thanks for the comment you posted on my Arafat blog :-) I went through your blog (weird feeling going through someone else's diary, huh?) and I wish I could access it far more easily than having to commit your blog addy to memory. Is it okay if i invite you to my Contributors section? ( I need your e-mail for this). If you like, you can invite me too at these e-mail adds. These will give you access to two other blogs of mine :-)

mdprescriber@yahoo.com
dylangozum@eudoramail.com
dylangozum@yahoo.com

Maraming salamat!

Sunday, November 21, 2004 1:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ray Arvin Rimorin chants...

Sure thing, buddy! here's my e-mail
rayarvin@walla.com

Weird... I'm posting on my own blog...

Monday, November 22, 2004 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Entrance