4/13/2005

Duct Tape

The UP System takes red tape to another level. It actually takes a form to procure forms in this place where bureaucrats are made. And to add to the dizzying amounts of forms to fill here (some in quarduplicate), the lines to validate these forms are about as long as a roll of industrial-sized duct tape (SEGWAY!)

Lines don't bother me much... I like standing in line. Its my chance to stretch my legs once in a while. The whiny, "My feet are killing me", stiletto-wearing, people with overbearing perfume standing next to me I can't stand.

To add to the aural assault of whiny people of the Queue Society, The people behind the teller takes MYOB to level 50. Aside from the eating in work and the constant chatting and the oustandingly slow motion validation... Either they are signing an autograph, or writing the entire Bible on their signature in Olde Latin.

And to top it all off, they come in when they please... usually about 3 pm and close their windows at 4 pm... At the rate they process these copious amounts of forms, I probably finish completing all these forms in two days or so. Just for pre-enrollment... then enrollment comes along and the whole thing repeats again (Whoa, repeats again...)

We probably make the BIR jealous of all of our red tape.

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance