4/20/2005

New Old Songs

It's weird and unsettling... I feel like I'm reliving a recurring nightmare here in UP Diliman.

Every place seems oddly familiar and as if I've been here before. Same song from a new artist. It's supposed to be a thrill, yet feels more as a chore living in this place. People you meet are generally... well, cold and distant, unlike back in Baguio where everybody is patient and open enough to stop and chat a while to strangers.

There's nothing to do, but an eternity to do everything. Sure, Manila/Quezon City is a big enough place, with plenty of activities to placate the most hyperactive of all people... but it's no fun trekking yards and yards of smoking asphalt from one place to another. Even less fun if you are alone.

I'm but one soul here, and the nearest trusted person is about a busride-tricycle-hike away... I'm not one to do that everyday. Friends are nice, but family is better. Kind of pathetic in my part to miss them now, when all I did was treat them as "housemates" instead of loving family. (If my brother is reading this, tell not a soul, or I'll wring your pencilneck so hard... OOPS! Idle threat!)

It will pass though... I mean I'm just three days into Boredom City, and I'm quitting?!? Scratch that! After all, if you look past the phlegmatic "student personnel", the infernal heat, the soporific atmosphere in every single room, and the constant thirst giving my mouth an acerbic taste everytime I wet it... UPD is a pretty good place...

I miss my bed though... sleeping on a wooden plank is murder on my back...

1 Prayers and Chants:

Anonymous Anonymous chants...

i won't.

link me up.

ps: change your theme.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Entrance