5/09/2005

Persnickety Pundit's Paltry Postage

Unlike my brother, a man/kid who has enough patience to report stuff in his website.. I am one who is vey picky when it coms to blogging. The less interesting, the better. At least that's my promise to myself. But a major part of me, the altruistic, raional and less pudgy goody-two-shoes persona wants to impart quotable and profound information... I loathe him.

The arguments about what to post turns my head into a psychological shouting match complete with the Jerry Springer-esque "boo" track. If you could only hear the ruckus here.

On to what does not matter. What is it with people and Firefox? Firefox rocks! Reading my brother's blogtagboard... thing, brings up one disturbing phenomenon I can't understand...

Blogdrive works perfectly with Firefox, the designs are funky on Firefox, if people insists on developing for IE. My mantra is, develop websites for the entire web to enjoy. Develop for IE and for the browser me and 50,000,000 other people use.

Now there's an idea...
  1. TEST YOUR WEBSITE! Not just for the broweser YOU use, but for alternative browsers other people use... or use Linux...
  2. Tile and minimize. Backgrounds are better looking when they are tilable. This makes for faster loadtimes since we all just have to download an itty-bitty graphic.
  3. CSS? Use it, but make sure you use W3C standards so they display correctly on all platforms.
  4. Spare the scripts. JavaScript should be used sparingly and correctly. There's nothing more annoying than a JavaScript error blinking madly infront of your face. Visual effects are better handled in Flash anyway.
  5. Navigation is key. No paramount. However interesting and important the information we want is, if we have to waddle though crappy stuff to get through it, there's no point in having it. Use indexes.
I'd better take note of this... If you want to see one, well go here! http://homestarrunner.com/sbemail51.html

I love this site... Oh by the way, I have nothing else to say... go home already.

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance