11/23/2004

FOS Rocks!

Freedom of speech ROCKS! It pays to be a member (inactive as you are) of UP Baguio... In my limited experience in other universities and colleges, none compares to the tolerance of UP in walkouts. The halting only lasted for half-a-day, but it was sort of a walk-out... But hey, they DID give in... sort of.

Other institutions may revoke the ideals of the little man, but not here! Speak out without any inhibitions! Scream, yell, use megaphones while doing previous two, just don't crap in the garden... That said, there are a lot of rallies and protests lately. I bet my bottom dollar that there are a few attendees (largely because of the deadly fear of Menudo-caldereta-bopis disease here).

On a less happysounding note... I realized firsthand how chivalry is dead for another reason. The damsels in distress are pretty ungrateful, and ye downtrodden peasants are useless in combat.

What I'm trying to say is, that yesterday I chased a cellphone-snatcher in a parking lot. The burly drivers who can probably run faster than I can just stood there. (They could have blocked the snatcher's path, but seeing a bloated fatty running was probably more interesting)

Response from damsel-sans-cellphone after recieving said gadget... uhhhhh...

Yep, the response would have been "My hero" if there were knives and bullets involved, but heck I'm not complaining, the police caught the guy, I chased him to them...

That said, I'm still gonna risk my neck for any call of duty. I'm an oldschool guy in a new world after all. Chivalry isn't dead. It's rusting quietly.

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance