11/26/2004

Memory allocation

Even if hits amount to zero, there is one thing I consider a great thing about blogging, and it came to me while watching my grandmother. My granny, just reached 92, and as far as I know is the oldest citizen of my barangay. She's reached the age where she has reverse amnesia. Vivid are the memories of her childhood, she even remembers her long dead friends and her neighbors too. Yet she forgets her recent past. She even forgot my name.

It is critical for us to save our memories. I can't do the photographical way to do this, since all of our photographs were ... dissolved and is unrecoverable. But there is this way of saving my personality and thoughts.

In a few years (hopefully, the Internet isn't dead by the time I have kids... HA! Me kids?) I'll look back to this blog and see how idiotic I really am, or in foresight, how great a philosophical thinker I've could have been.

I regret the fact that I don't have writings I... wrote when I was young. It would have been interestng what was flowing through my young and unadulterated mind. All I think about now are geek vices... I can't really trust those who administered my early works. They are after all adults and have biased thoughts. Great are the minds of the young... so intuitive and such fresh outlooks on life... [sigh]

I fear forgetting... I fear losing the only sacred thing left in my otherwise rotting soul... my memories... Don't let them die... please...

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance