11/23/2004

Paging Dr. Phil

I was reading though people's blogs and it struck me (actually a paperback dropped on my head). Then something else struck me... The saddest and probably most depressing insights about life popped up on my screen. The Internet is filled with people who need Prozac. Actually, all my complaining and ass-poking fails in comparison with their meloncholia. Dr. Phil would have a hey-day when he reads them.

I have but one advice to a particular group of people... the Under 30 depressed and done-with-life...

How are you going to get to 40? My parents always (well, not always) said to me never to take the trials and tribulations of life lying down. (I could be paraphrasing) These are just tests at your/my age. I'm 21 and I'm probably speaking out of my league, but if you mull over these problems, you'll just drive yourself to insanity.

There are more trials, like your first paycheck, your first income tax reform, your kids, male pattern baldness, menopause, and the acceptance of death.

Enjoy the years befor middle-age crisis... and if you really can't take it go to drphil.com

Hey, he maybe a TV shrink, but he got over being bald...

1 Prayers and Chants:

Blogger Dr. Vain chants...

Hey, thanks for reading my blog. Maybe I do need Dr. Phil and no, not prozac. :)

Saturday, November 27, 2004 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Entrance