12/13/2004

Blender's not just for smoothies anymore

I've discovered 3D animation and I'm hooked. The past week was spent in rendering stuff on my desk. An apple on a mirror, the hotel down the street, a cat carcass on the street, anything. There's just so much fun to be had immortalizing mundane objects in a computer.

I don't mind the terribly slow rendering time (5 minutes per render, and that's just static images...) but I do have 1024x768 wallpapers of my own design. I'll try to publish them on my site, after some tweaking. And if you are starting 3D modelling, use Blender3d before 3DStudio Max or Maya. Blender is easier to learn and it's small and best of all, since we are Filipinos, it's free to download.

I'm thinking, if FPJ went to coma, would he dream a Matrix bullet-time of himself shooting seven bullets from a six-shooter? HEY! That's not a bad idea, I'll try to animate that on christmas break...

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance