1/22/2005

John Hey!

Never go to John Hay for a day of excitement. Unless your kind of excitement entails peaceful contemplation with dead arcade machines.

Back in my day (hey look at me, I'm not pushing 25 and I have a heyday!), John hay was the place of excitement. There was a carnival full of rides when I was young. The arcade was full of people playing Daytona Racer. Heck, we used to line up for minigolf back then. The camping was really a test of nerve and survivalism... now you can drink the water from the tap.

Me and my friends went there as a group for probably the last time. They're graduating soon, and I'll be stuck in school for another year. Most of us were Baguio natives, so we have the ability to reminisce about the good old days over a round of minigolf (which btw costs 75 bucks a head... what a rip!). Golf usually relaxes but were a pretty competitive bunch. Shouting and taunting made a one hour game of minigolf last 3 hours longer...

Personally, I would have liked to go to PMA for a round of shooting... at least if they're still open.

One thing that I can give John Hay credit for is at least they didn't tear down the Pet Cemetary... I love that place. If you want a glimpse of excellent headstones, go there. It's hilarious and contemplative at the same time.

I personally like the old John Hay to return... especially the carnival. I don't mind the American soldiers. They used to give me candies and piggypack rides then...

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance