1/28/2005

Time Extension Bill

I propose the extension of the 24 hour day into the 28 hour day. There seems to be not enough hours to complete the day. Working/Studying for 12 hours a day plus the mandatory 8 to 9 hours sleeping (for optimum performance) leaves little time to expand the human psyche, not to mention the cable time we are missing...

Of course, the "hour" would be a heck a lot shorter, but the illusion of more "hours" would be sufficient enough for the working class not to mind. Think about it. The old adage "time flies when yor having fun" would really come true.

Then there is the ultimate reason for the 28 hour day... more pay for the same work, at least for those being paid by the hour.

Pardon, I just want to talk. I just feel like I'm trapped in a swirling vortex of monotony. Up, work, home, TV, bed... Up, work, home, TV, bed... Up, work, home, TV, bed... Up, work, home, TV, bed... Up, work, home, TV, bed... Up, work, home, TV, bed... Up, work, home, TV, bed...

Over and over and over again... I figured when I was in Highschool that monotony was my friend. I mean I mastered the art of looking at a blank wall for the duration of the class with out getting bored. I can watch a documentary of snails on the Discovery channel. I even attended a funeral service of a complete stranger without batting an eye.

Now the work I like most... sitting in front of a computer playing/working now feels like protocol. I usually alleviate this by cooking and experimenting with new dishes, but cooking seems bland and well boring...

Maybe I'll take up skydiving or motorsports... I bet cheating death isn't boring... well until it become dangerous and casuality generating, then it becomes exciting.

0 Prayers and Chants:

Post a Comment

<< Entrance